18 Step Rug Cleaning Process
Rug pads create a safer environment by reducing the wrinkles and slippage of your area rug, which also makes it easier to vacuum. Whether you need a rug pad for a hard surface or carpet, we have the selection for you. PSH Cleaning offers three different types of quality rug pads. One is for use under Oriental or pile rugs, a second for flat weaves and a third for use with rugs laid over carpet. Pre-cut or custom cut sizes are available.
Rug experts agree that in-plant rug cleaning is highly recommended for proper maintenance of Orientals and other loose-laid rugs. They should not be cleaned on location like synthetic, wall-to-wall carpet for many reasons:
- Rug fibers are very different from those found in residential and commercial broadloom carpet. There is far more natural fiber such as wool, cotton, silk and jute used in rugs than in broadloom carpet.
- Backings are very different, as natural foundation yarns are more prominent in rugs as opposed to separate synthetic backing fabrics for tufted carpet.
- Construction is different: woven constructions are most prevalent in area rugs, as opposed to tufting being the dominant construction in the broadloom market.
- Cleaning technology is different due to the potential for dye migration and fiber distortion.
PSH Cleaning Service rug care staff is trained through the IICRC and the WoolSafe Organization and is well qualified to care for the finest to the most basic rugs from around the world. We will thoroughly and safely clean your rugs in our special, “state of the art” cleaning plant where they will receive our thorough 18-Step Cleaning System to get maximum soil and spot removal. Having your rugs cleaned in our plant allows us to give them special attention and treatment for a more thorough cleaning, controlled drying, and the use of various tools and processes that are not available on location in your home or office.
Failure to perform specialized procedures in a plant may result in permanent damage to the rugs and flooring materials under and around the rug. Incomplete soil removal may occur due to an inability to dust or adequately vacuum both sides of the rug. It is recommended that any rug as well as carpet exposed to heavy traffic, be cleaned at least annually.
PSH Cleaning Service is fully bonded, licensed and insured and has been cleaning fine furnishings in the Memphis area since 2005.
Be Sure To Check Out our videos:
- HOW OFTEN SHOULD I CLEAN?
- HOW TO IDENTIFY MOTH AND BUG DAMAGE ON YOUR RUGS?
- HOW CAN YOU PROTECT YOUR RUGS FROM MOTHS AND BUGS?
- THE TWO MISTAKES MADE BY MOST RUG OWNERS
- HOW YOU SHOULD VACUUM YOUR AREA RUGS
- WHY YOU SHOULD NEVER LET A CARPET CLEANER CLEAN YOUR RUGS IN YOUR HOME
- PET URINE AND RUGS
- UNDERSTANDING TUFTED RUGS
- UNDERSTANDING WHITE KNOTS
- UNDERSTANDING ABRASH
- UNDERSTANDING TEA-WASHED RUGS
- UNDERSTANDING VISCOSE RUGS
- DO I NEED A RUG PAD
- WHAT IS PROTECTOR